International medical graduates learn about your profession In Canada.

In Canada, physicians who have received their medical education outside of the country are referred to as international medical graduates (IMGs). The profession is a regulated one and you need to be licensed as a full member in one of the provincial or territorial bodies in order to practice the profession. According to recent reports, 51 per cent of Canada’s doctors practice family medicine, while 49 per cent are medical and surgical specialists. The provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Quebec have the highest physician-to-population ratios, while Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island the lowest. There is a higher demand for family doctors and other types of physicians in rural areas specially. Our Medical Doctor Career Pathway Ebook will provide information on the following subjects:
  • Pre-Arrival First Steps
    Including links to the Working in Canada tool from the Federal Government.
  • Skills Development
    Including tips on skills upgrading and bridging programs available at universities, colleges and settlement agencies across the country.
  • Understanding Canadian Workplaces
    Featuring tips about volunteering, internships, mentoring, and job shadowing programs that could can help you in your job search and job performance.
  • Job Finding Techniques
    Resources including links to Immigrant Settlement Agencies and tips on resume writing, interview techniques, information interviews and networking.
  • Associations
    Links to National, Provincial and Territorial regulatory bodies and professional immigrant networks.
  • Employment
    An overview of best locations, major employers sector reports and alternative career pathways. 

Complete this form to receive your FREE guide.

Note – “Career Pathways” is only a guide and you will have to do more research to make a career plan that will work for you. The information listed in Career Pathways is for guidance purposes only and is up to date to the best of our knowledge. It is recommended that you contact the relevant body before taking any step.